Our program offers a unique learning environment where students meet high academic standards while actively engaged in authentic learning experiences. It is developed to provide a broad based academic education in order for students to reach their full potential and to meet the individual needs of each of our students.
Active and meaningful learning experiences engage students in their work. Excellent communication skills are developed through speaking, reading and writing across all curriculum areas. Our curriculum is structured to ensure that our students learn the vital skills of critical thinking, problem solving and collaboration that are necessary to thrive in the 21st century.
OVERVIEW OF OUR ELEMENTARY AND MIDDLE SCHOOL PROGRAM
GRADES 1 TO 8
Our Elementary and Middle School programs have an international set of standards based on best practices throughout the world. Students are prepared to meet standards similar to those set in the US and Canada. with an international approach which is more representative of our population. Technology is highly infused in all areas of our program. Subjects offered are as follows:
Elementary Curriculum Grades 1-6: Language Arts, Mathematics, Social Studies, Geography, History, Science, Spanish, Art, Health and Physical Education and Character Education.
Middle School, Grades 7-8: Language Arts, Mathematics, World History, Global Geography, Physical Geography, Science, Spanish, Art, Health and Physical Education, and Character Education.
The St. Kitts International Academy follows a curriculum geared to international students and the St. Kitts & Nevis community.
Science Standards - Kindergarten - Grade 8
1. to relate
science and technology to society and the environment
2. to develop the skills, strategies, and habits of mind required for scientific inquiry and
technological problem solving
3. to understand the basic concepts of science and technology
Physical Education & Health Curriculum (Grades K-8)
The goals of the health and physical education program are as follows. Students will develop:
• the social-emotional learning skills needed to foster overall health and well-being, positive mental health, and the ability to learn, build resilience, and thrive;
• the skills and knowledge that will enable them to enjoy being active and healthy throughout their lives, through opportunities to participate regularly and safely in physical activity and to learn how to develop and improve their own personal fitness;
• the movement competence needed to participate in a range of physical activities, through opportunities to develop movement skills and to apply movement concepts and strategies in games, sports, dance, and various other physical activities;
• an understanding of the factors that contribute to healthy development, a sense of personal responsibility for lifelong health, and an understanding of how living healthy, active lives is connected with the world around them and the health of others.
St. Kitts International (SKI) Academy
School Phone: (869) 466-1026
School Cell: (869) 662-9876
Location: Morgan Heights, Canada Estates, St. Kitts